VCarve Pro has been developed to allow the production of decorative and artistic dimensional carved parts. As well as drawing and modeling tools, it includes both 2D and 3D machining, along with 3D V-Carving / 3D Engraving to allow a huge variety of jobs to be produced as quickly and easily as possible.
- Layout 2D Design:
- Import Vectors
- Draw Vectors
- Import Bitmaps
- Create 3D Components:
- Create shapes from 2D design vectors
- Create (texture) shapes driectly from bitmaps
- Import 3D Clipart and models from other CAD systems
- Manipulate 3D components to create the 3D composite model using the component tree:
- Change location, depth, size, angle etc.
- Group and change relationship to other components
- Create 2D, 2.5D or 3D toolpath:
- Create or edit vector boundaries for toolpaths
- Specify tool details for each strategy
- Preview Final Part:
- Visualize the part as it will actually look.
- Create proof images for customer.
- Check estimate for cutting time
- Save the CNC Code: Save the final cuto file to send to the CNC machine
VCarve Pro includes drawing and editing tools that allow designs to be created and modified. Functions for vector creation and editing are very easy to use and multiple design elements can also be drawn or imported, scaled, positioned and interactively edited to make a new design. Text can also be created using any TrueType or OpenType fonts installed on your computer, or the single stroke engraving fonts supplied with the software.
Once the 2D design is ready, 3D components can be created from 2D drawings. This will probably involve adding and changing 2D artwork a bit as the 3D design evolves, so VCarve Pro's interface makes the drawing and modeling tools easily accessible.
In addition, existing 3D models can be imported to be incorporated into a design, these could be files previously created in VCarve Pro, 3D Clipart that has been purchased and downloaded or models from other CAD design systems in a supported format.
A comprehensive set of 2D, V-Carving, Engraving and 3D toolpath strategies provide you with efficient ways to use your tooling to carve the finished part. This process is usually relatively independent of drawing or modeling (although toolpaths are often created directly from some artwork or 3D composite models). Aspire provides simple interface buttons to toggle screen layout to assist the shift in focus from design to toolpathing.
Finally you can use VCarve Pro's large selection of post-processors to save toolpaths in precisely the format that your particular CNC machine tool requires.