Vector Selection Mode
When the Vector Selection Tool is chosen, the selected vectors are shown as dotted magenta lines. Vectors need to be selected before any of the editing tools such as scaling and moving etc. can be used.
Vector selection methods
Multiple vectors can be selected in the following ways:
- Manual multiple selection:
Hold down the Shift key while clicking the Left mouse button on each vector required. Objects can be deselected by simply clicking on the object again with a Shift key pressed.
- Moving the cursor from Left to Right selects only fully enclosed objects:
Click and drag the left mouse button moving from Left to Right selects all objects completely inside the selection rectangle.
- Moving the cursor from Right to Left selects all objects inside or touching the selection rectangle:
Click and drag the left mouse button moving from Right to Left selects all objects inside the selection rectangle + any that the selection touches.
- Pressing the keyboard keys Ctrl+A will select all vector objects in the design:
Selected vectors are displayed as dotted magenta lines.
Selections can be cancelled by:
- Left clicking on an area outside the selection
- Pressing the Esc key
- Pressing the Right mouse button and clicking Selection ► Unselect All from the pop-up menu.
You must click on the white drawing background to get this option in the pop-up menu.