Makerspace Initialization Dialog
The Makerspace Connection Setup wizard guides you through the process of connecting your software with a specific makerspace. This wizard is designed to run once during the initial setup of the software and ensures a seamless integration between the two systems.
Before running the Makerspace Connection Setup wizard, make sure you have the following information and resources available:
- Access credentials to your V&Co account
- Administrator access to the organization which owns the copy of VCarve Pro Makerspace Edition
- Network connectivity to establish a connections with the server.
Step 1: Authentication
- On the first page of the wizard click the "Login" button:
- Your default web browser will open, and you will be redirected to Vectric's login page
- Enter you account credentials (ensuring these are the same credential you used when purchasing the software)
- After successfully logging in, you will be redirected back to the wizard in the software
Step 2: Makerspace Selection
- The wizard will present you with a list of available makerspaces that can be connected to your software
- Select the desired makerspace from the list
- Press the 'Complete Setup' button to confirm the selection.
Step 3: Resolve "Too many machines are in use" Error
During the previous step, you may encounter an error message stating: "Too many machines are in use on this account. Please remove one to proceed." This error occurs when the maximum limit of 3 installations for VCarve Pro Makerspace edition has been reached. To proceed with the setup process, you need to revoke access for another device. Here's how:
- In the error message, click the 'Manage Devices' button.
- Your default web browser will open and redirect you to the V&Co website.
- On the V&Co website, you will be prompted to choose a device to revoke access from.
- Select the device that you no longer wish to have access to VCarve Pro Makerspace edition and confirm the revocation.
- Once access has been successfully revoked, you can close the web browser and return to the software.
- The setup process will automatically retry, and it should now complete successfully without the previous error.
Completion And Next Steps
Once you have successfully completed the Makerspace Connection Setup wizard, your software will be connected to the selected makerspace. You can now utilize the features of VCarve Pro Makerspace Edition.