Ungroup a set of Grouped vectors back to its individual vectors before it was grouped.
The Shortcut key for this operation is U.
Ungroup to the group's layer
By default, when grouped objects are ungrouped they revert to the layers on which they had previously been located before the grouping operation. However this is sometimes inconvenient. For example, when you have copied a group of vectors to a new layer, it is easier for subsequent editing if the copied vectors to remain on the new layer, even after ungrouping. An alternative right-click pop-up menu command has been added to make this process easier.
A shortcut key combination is also available to provide support for both of the ungroup operations. In summary, therefore, the group and ungroup shortcut options are as follows:
- GGroup the selected objects
- U Ungroup the selected objects to their original layers, sub-groups remain grouped.
- Ctrl + U Ungroup the selected objects to the group's layer, sub-groups remain grouped.
- Shift + U 'Deep' ungroup the selected objects to their original layers. Sub-groups are also ungrouped.
- Ctrl + Shift + U 'Deep' ungroup the selected objects to the group's layer. Sub-groups are also ungrouped.